To make that happen, you can either build some new shelves to get that clutter (paint cans, bug spray, oil containers etc.) up off the floor.
If you want a simple do-it-yourself project, consider building your own shelves.
Simply measure the space you have available and how big you want your shelves to be and then make a quick trip to the home center or lumber yard and you’re ready to get started.
• Circular saw for cutting the wood,
• Screw drivers or a cordless screw driver and screws.
• Wood Measured to fit your project
• Tape Measure
• Stud Finder
• Framing Square
If you want to put a nice edge on your shelves, you can always buy or rent a router
1) always remember to drill pilot holes in the wood before you screw the pieces together, this will prevent the wood from splitting as it goes together
2) remember to find the studs in the wall so you can securely attach the shelves to the stud and they won’t come tumbling down once you put weight on them
3) once you’ve decided where to hang your shelves, and especially if you’re doing this project yourself, find the center point on the wall and attach a screw to the stud. This will give you a place to rest the shutters, a pivot point, while you use your level to make certain your shelves are straight. This will allow you to anchor the outside screws to the studs without having to hold the shelving up with one hand, and do your mounting work one-handed.
If building your shelves takes more time than you have, check out Commodore’s shelving solution. Commodore offers a pre-fabricated steel plate with six sliding hooks. It’s four feet long and has pre-drilled holes where all you have to do is supply hammer and nail and attach it to the studs in your garage and you’re ready to hang whatever you like. The hooks support up to 25 pounds so they are perfect for hanging weed trimmers, rakes, or leaf blowers.
Finally if your clutter isn’t really that bad, but you still have a few things to get up off the floor, try clasp hooks. These are best used when your garage has no drywall because these spring loaded hooks simply attach to the studs and then you can hang ladders, weed trimmers or whatever you like on these hooks.
There are a variety of ways to remove clutter from your garage. Good luck!!