- 1 package (about 1 pound) of lady finger biscuits
- 6 eggs, separate whites and yolks
- 1 cup cold espresso, slightly sweetened
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1) To create the custard, separate the yolks into a large bowl and lightly beat. Then add half the sugar until it is completely dissolved.
2) Mix in mascarpone cheese until completely blended
3) In another bowl, beat the egg whites on a high speed to soft peaks. Add the other half of the sugar into the egg whites and beat until stiff peaks have formed
4) Fold egg white mixture into the custard mixture. Do not overmix!
5) Have a deep dish* ready to assemble the tiramisu
6) Dip lady fingers in the cold espresso and form a layer in the bottom of the dish. Do not soak for too long for the lady fingers will get too soggy and it will fall apart on you!
7) Generously evenly cover it with the custard mixture
8) Sprinkle a layer of cocoa powder
9) Repeat #6-8 but have the lady fingers line up perpendicularly to the previous layer. Layer generously or to your liking
10) Rest in the fridge for approximately 2 hours!