It happened at 526 N. Sangamon Avenue. One woman was in the home at the time of the fire but made it out safe.
She was hurt but has been treated and released. Firefighters don't know how the fire got started. It was so hot it melted the siding off neighboring homes.
When we got there today the smoke was still coming from the house almost ten hours later.
Jessica Williams woke up to smoke coming into her window. She lives across the street from the home.
Williams and her son go on walks everyday. The house was one of their favorites on the block.
She says it's sad to see it go, but at this point all they can do is count their blessings.