Beth Chepan is admissions advisor at parkland.
Parkland College's ICE Fair is Wednesday, Sept. 14th from 6 to 8pm in the gym.
To get ready before the fair click here.
Here are 20 questions you should ask yourself when selecting your college. Questions are courtesy of Newsweek.
1. Do I want to commute or live on campus?
2. Do I want to attend college in a city or in a small, college town?
3. In what area of the country would I like to attend college?
4. What size college appeals to me? Small: up to 3.000 students, Medium: 3,000 - 7,000, or Large: over 7,000
5. What kinds of weather do I prefer?
6. Would I prefer a single-sex or coed college?
7. Does fraternity or sorority life interest me?
8. Can I live with restrictions and regulations?
9. Do I want to participate in extracurricular activities?
10. Do I want an extensive athletic program?
11. Do I want a strong creative arts program?
12. Do I want an academically demanding environment, or would I prefer a school where I can do well without
knocking myself out?
13. Do I need a highly structured academic framework, or can I work with a curriculum that allows for
independent projects and has no requirements?
14. Do I want a liberal arts or pre-professional curriculum?
15. Do my personal or career interests require specialized facilities?
16. Would I want to participate in an off-campus internship?