DANVILLE - Firefighters responded to the Vermilion County courthouse Sunday night around 8:30 after fire alarms were set off in the building. Sheriff Patrick Hartshorn says when firefighters arrived the building was filled with heavy smoke caused by electrical motors that had overheated. He says someone driving through an alley near the courthouse hit an electrical box with their vehicle and caused a power surge that triggered the chain reaction. The Vermilion County courthouse remains without power and will be closed Monday. Three Danville firefighters were taken to the hospital suffering from smoke inhalation. Their injuries are not considered serious.
For the latest tune into the WCIA 3 Morning Show.