CLINTON -- An electrical fire Tuesday night damaged a family's home. It happened in the 200-block of South Elm Street.
No one was hurt. The second floor of the house was destroyed.
Original: 11:56 am
CLINTON -- A family's home is severely damaged after an overnight fire. It happened late Tuesday night in the 200-block of South Elm Street.
Officials say that the fire was electrical, and began on the second floor, which was destroyed. The first floor of the home is intact.
The Red Cross says it helped the 28 firefighters who responded to the blaze. It provided blankets and comfort kits to the family on the scene.
The family is OK and had a safe place to stay overnight. The Red Cross says the winter weather can make it difficult for firefighters to do their jobs, especially when there are high winds.