- Cook manicotti shells according to directions.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Spread a small amount of spaghetti sauce over the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle garlic powder on chicken. Put chicken tender into manicotti shell. Place stuffed shells in baking pan.
- Pour remaining sauce over shells. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover baking pan with foil. Bake for 1 hour.
- Purchase boneless skinless chicken breasts and cut into chicken tenders to save money.
- Look for spaghetti sauce that is lower in sodium and sugar, or use your own homemade sauce.
- Experiment with traditional Italian spices such as oregano and basil for extra flavor.
- For kids, a serving is 1 shell. Serve with a fresh garden salad, steamed broccoli and carrots, or another vegetable side dish.
Recipe from University of Illinois' Recipes for Diabetes website: http://urbanext.illinois.edu/diabetesrecipes